Tuesday, December 20, 2016

For The Society


"Hey! I Love You. And I wanna marry you"
Her world was filled with light..she wanted to hear these words. She felt the truest of happiness. Her mind started wandering..
" i will wear a traditional lehenga, u know the one with kiran bordered dupatta"- she told her friends
" I will get gharara from that boutique, make-up from here and jwellery from there"
From decorations to menu to venue...she planned everything..the planning that otherwise takes months..she did it in moments..that excited she was.. she could not stop smiling.
She was going to marry the love of her life..

10 Years Later-
" Jaan I will marry you, I promise..I Love You so much. Thanks for waiting for me, what would I do without you"

She fought the society, fought her family and most of her fought with herself, She wanted a traditional life and that included a wedding. She has been waiting.
" Its worth it, she told herself."

Wedding Day-
" Congrats honey, finally your day is here"
Her friends were excited, family was happy and society...well the society was dancing, just like at any other wedding.

But her world was quite...she coudnt hear the music on the DJ. She couldnt hear the laughter..She couldnt feel her traditional lehenga..she coudnt enjoy the decorations.

She was getting married- for the society.

The wait was enough!

XoXo
Nashee

No comments:

Post a Comment