Saturday, December 17, 2016

Thankful

Last night I woke up at a voice..in the middle of the night..lying in my cozy bed, I heard it say..
" why are you still asleep? Dont you have to study??"
I said-" no..who cares about studies, when my life is so messed up? I am overweight, my parents are away from me, i hate my room, i dnt hav any real frenz, all my frenz hav achieved so much in life and i am struggling to appear in a bloody exam, is that life?? Is that how it is supposed to be??

The voice said," are you in syria where children and parents are watchng each oder take their last breath??
Are you aware of the conditions that gazans are living in?
Are you aware how many dreams have been crushed?
Did you see the pain in the child's eye, when he saw other children go to school? Did you see that old man on the road, who is suffring frm hypothermia and hasnt had a bite to eat since 3 days?
Did you see that woman, who was raped, and left on the street to die?
Did you see that man, who works his ass off to get a piece of bread at the end of the day?

And most of all, do you see them complaining?? They are all still thanking their God for what they have! The woman is thanking Allah that she is still breathing!
That kid is hoping to be a lawyer some day!
That man is smiling that he has clothes to wear! "

My hands went numb, legs cudnt move and i woke up.. tears falling down my eyes..i was asleep on my bed..I could hear the sound of the room heater..i could feel the warmth of my blanket..

And it took me fraction of seconds to get up...climb out of my bed and stand in front of Allah, thanking for all that he has given me..without asking, without expectng anythng in return..

I was lucky..I am lucky!

Alhamdulillah!

XoXo
Nashee

3 comments:

  1. Grrtt👍👍....yes alhamdulillah we lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written! Indeed we are lucky and we should be thankful for that, to the God foremost, and also to our country, our forefathers, and perhaps to each other too.

    ReplyDelete